WAWA WELCOME AMERICA!
WIN A VIP TRIP TO PHILADELPHIA SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF DELAWARE, FLORIDA, MARYLAND, NEW JERSEY, PENNSYLVANIA, VIRGINIA, AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Wawa Welcome America! Win a VIP Trip to Philadelphia Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Wawa, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its shareholders, officers, directors, employees, and agents; Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (the “Administrator”); and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, marketing agencies, distributors, licensors and prize providers, and suppliers (collectively, "Released Parties"); as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible to enter or win this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes starts on May 8, 2018 at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on June 5, 2018 at 9:00:00 AM ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, visit https://www.wawa.com/about/promotions/welcome-america, and submit your first and last name, email address, phone number, state, and date-of-birth for entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. By entering, Entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator which shall be final in all respects.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS - PRIZES - ODDS OF WINNING: On or about June 5, 2018, the Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct random drawings as follows:
A random drawing will be conducted for each of the states of Delaware, Maryland including the District of Columbia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia from among all eligible entries received for the specified state to award one (1) prize per state. Each prize will consist of a trip for up to four (4) people to travel to Philadelphia, PA, and attend the Wawa Welcome America! 4th of July Concert and Fireworks on July 4, 2018. The prize includes a Wawa Gift Card valued at Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250) to be used for gas and transportation expenses; accommodations in one (1) hotel room at the official hotel, Sofitel Philadelphia, of the Wawa Welcome America! Festival for the nights of July 3, 2018 and July 4, 2018; and reserved seating at the Wawa Welcome America! Concert and Fireworks on July 4, 2018. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) per prize.
A random drawing for the state of Florida will be conducted from among all eligible entries received from Entrants residing in the state of Florida to award the following prize: a trip for up to four (4) people to travel to Philadelphia, PA, and attend the Wawa Welcome America! 4th of July Concert and Fireworks on July 4, 2018. The prize consists of round trip coach air travel for four (4) people to Philadelphia, PA, from a major commercial airport near winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor); accommodations in one hotel room at the official hotel, Sofitel Philadelphia, of the Wawa Welcome America! Festival for the nights of July 3, 2018 and July 4, 2018; and reserved seating at the Wawa Welcome America! Concert and Fireworks on July 4, 2018. The ARV of the Florida prize is Two Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($2,250).
The total ARV of all prizes is Seven Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($7,250). The actual retail value of the prizes will depend on hotel accommodations based on the number in each party and winner’s location. Winners will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. All taxes or other expenses, and any other costs incurred in claiming, or using, the prize and not identified above as included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. An IRS Form 1099-Misc will be issued to the winners for the actual value of the prize received.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received for each drawing. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified by telephone on June 5, 2018 between 1:00 and 5:00 PM ET at the telephone number stated in the entry submission. If a potential winner is not available, or if there is no answer at the time a notification telephone call is made, a phone message will be left (if possible). Any such phone message will instruct the potential winner to call a specified telephone number within twenty-four (24) hours after the time that the notification message was left. The potential winner must call the specified number, identify him/herself and confirm his/her eligibility and ability to accept and participate in the prize within such twenty-four (24) hour period, or the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries, provided sufficient time remains to notify and verify an alternate winner. A potential winner will only be notified by phone one (1) time as set forth above.
After a potential winner has been verified by phone, he/she will then be sent verification paperwork by email and/or postal mail. Verification paperwork will consist of an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, and an IRS W-9 form, which potential winner must complete and return within the time period specified in the verification letter/email, or an alternate winner may be selected. Return of any verification paperwork correspondence as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
Each winner's guests, or a parent/legal guardian if a guest is under the age of eighteen (18), must complete and return a notarized liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Each winner or one of his/her guests must provide the hotel with a major credit card issued in one of their names to cover room security and incidental expenses, if any. Further, the hotel may require the party providing a major credit card to be age twenty-one (21) or older.
By accepting the a prize, the winner and his/her guests represent that they understand that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Each winner and his/her guests represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. In order to be considered a winner and partake in the enjoyment of the prize, each winner and his/her guests must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm their acceptance to such risk in writing at Sponsor's request.
5. GENERAL: By participating, Entrants agree (a) to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation the interpretation of these Official Rules; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, image and/or likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation (unless prohibited by law) and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. Released Parties are not responsible and shall not be liable for: (a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any error (human or otherwise) which may occur in the processing of entries; (b) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (c) entries which are late, misdirected, unintelligible, garbled or incomplete, or are not recorded or cannot be completed for any reason; (d) late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or illegible entries or postage-due mail; or (e) any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those legitimately submitted prior to the action taken, and/or to award the prizes in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If due to a printing, technical or other error, or if any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes, as set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes (not yet awarded) by a random drawing from among all legitimate eligible prize Entrants. Use of script, macro or any other mechanical or automated means device to automate an entry is prohibited, and any entries received through such means will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor. These Official Rules and the conduct of the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to conflict of laws principles and any actions, claims or suits shall be held in a federal or state court located in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
6. INDEMNIFICATION: ENTRANT SHALL INDEMNIFY SPONSOR, ITS PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, FRANCHISEES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION FULFILLMENT AND/OR JUDGING AGENCIES, AND RETAILERS, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "INDEMNITEES"), AND HOLD THE INDEMNITEES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, COSTS (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND LIABILITIES (INCLUDING SETTLEMENTS), BROUGHT OR ASSERTED BY ANY THIRD PARTY AGAINST ANY OF THE INDEMNITEES DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE ENTRANT'S ENTRY, THE ENTRANT'S CONDUCT IN CREATING AN ENTRY, THE TRAVEL OF ENTRANT, OR ANY EVENT RELATING TO THE PRIZE OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, VIOLATION OF AN INDIVIDUAL'S RIGHT OF PUBLICITY OR RIGHT OF PRIVACY, OR DEFAMATION.
8. WINNER LIST: To receive a list of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 31, 2018 to: Wawa Welcome America! Win a VIP Trip to Philadelphia Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Winners may also be announced at https://www.wawa.com/about/promotions/welcome-america.
SPONSOR: Wawa, Inc., 260 W. Baltimore Pike, Media, PA, 19063
ADMINISTRATOR: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470
© 2018. Wawa, Inc. All rights reserved. The Wawa name and logo are registered trademarks of the Wild Goose Holding Co., Inc.