What to Expect When Applying
If you’re an applicant who is also a valued Wawa customer, you have a good idea of the friendly customer service and attention to detail expected of all Wawa employees. To maintain our commitment to excellence, there’s an application and interview process for all potential candidates. Here’s how it works:
Store Management, Corporate and Wawa Beverage Warehouse positions
- Application appears in our database of candidates.
- A Wawa Talent Acquisition Specialist reviews all applications.
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist selects applicants they wish to speak to in more detail. We take steps to value every applicant. Unfortunately, we can’t call everyone who applies. That’s why we keep your application active.
- Store Management candidates remain active in the system for 90 days, at which point you can re-apply.
- Corporate and Wawa Beverage Warehouse candidates can apply immediately to other open positions.
Customer Service Associate and Fuel Service Associate (NJ only) positions
- Application appears in the database of candidates in the store to which they applied
- The General Manager reviews applications on an as-needed basis
- After 5 days, the application is available to all neighboring stores
- The General Manager selects applicants they wish to speak to in more detail
- We take steps to value every applicant. Unfortunately, we can’t call everyone who applies. That’s why we keep your application active for 90 days. After this, you can re-apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I apply for a job at a Wawa store?
A: We handle all of our applications online on Wawa.com. Click here to open our online application. The site will guide you through our step-by-step application process. (The process should take 30-40 minutes to complete.)
Q: I heard that you're opening a new store near me. Can I apply before it opens?
A: Yes. Check back online to see when the positions become open. We usually start accepting applications for new stores 5-6 weeks before a store opens.
Read All Career FAQs
Of course we think Wawa is a great place to work, and you’ll be pleased to find out the majority of our employees feel the same way. Check out Glassdoor details.
Wawa is proud to be named on the Forbes list of America’s Best Large Employers.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wawa is honored that the Human Rights Campaign Foundation has named us one of its Best Places to work for LGBT Equality.